Sponsor a Family for the Holidays!
"It felt so good to have my kids shop and pick out things with me...That gift card made me feel empowered again after being so disappointed these couple of months."
– A local mom whose family received food and gifts through Our Daily Bread's 2012 Holiday Program
"This experience changed our Christmas. Seeing the hardship of others and acting to alleviate it had a big impact on my whole family. I know on Christmas morning, as my kids opened their own gifts, they saw everything with new eyes."
– READ Laura's Story: "The Gift of Giving"
LEARN MORE from Our Holiday Clients and Supporters About What the Holiday Program Means to Them!
READ "Holidays Are About Giving" in The Connection Newspapers
About the Holiday Program:
Our Daily Bread's Holiday Program seeks community members to sponsor those in need in Fairfax County for holiday meals and gifts for their children.
Help us reach our goal of assisting ALL 3,500 individuals and families in the Fairfax County area on our Holiday Assistance list! Approximately 2,000 are still hoping for assistance with meals and gifts for children in December. We need your help to give them a joyous Holiday!
How to Support the Holiday Program in 2013:
- Sponsor a Family. CLICK HERE to register to sponsor a family or individual(s) to provide December holiday meals and gifts for children.
- Be a Virtual Sponsor. CLICK HERE to register. Virtual sponsors provide holiday assistance by providing funds to ODB so that we can send a gift card to a specific family to help them purchase meals and gifts for the holidays.
- Donate Gift Cards. Donate grocery and Target or WalMart gift cards in increments of $25 so that ODB can provide gift cards to families on our list who are not sponsored. Mail or deliver cards to Our Daily Bread at: 4080 Chain Bridge Road, 2nd Floor; Fairfax, VA 22030.
- Donate Funds. DONATE NOW to Our Daily Bread's Holiday Program through our secure on-line form. Or mail a check to Our Daily Bread at: 4080 Chain Bridge Road, 2nd Floor; Fairfax, VA 22030. Be sure to note Holiday Program in the check memo line. Donations will help ODB provide gift cards to families who are not sponsored.
- Corporate Sponsorship. Become a Corporate Sponsor and help dozens of families with one generous donation. CLICK HERE for More Information.
- "DONATE" a Post! VISIT our #GivingTuesday page or JOIN our Holiday Facebook Event and let your social networks know about the Holiday Program!
Contact Dawn Sykes at holiday@ODBFairfax.org 703-273-8829 if you have questions about the Holiday Program.
Holiday Program Tool Kit:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 2013 Holiday Donation Receipt (MS Word) (PDF)
- Sponsor-a-Family Information and Guidelines (PDF)
- Make an ODB Angel Tree
- The Need In Our Community
- Learn About Our Families
Many Thanks to Our Sponsors
Be a Holiday Program Sponsor! Your company or organization can make a real difference for our Fairfax neighbors in need this holiday season by sponsoring Our Daily Bread's Holiday Program.
Other Ways to Help:
- SAVE THE DATE! Empty Bowls 2014, Feb. 27 (TENTATIVE!) in Fairfax City
- See our Volunteer page for volunteer opportunities.
- Our Food Bridge Program needs help year round from companies, schools, neighborhoods, community groups and congregations!