Access Our Daily Bread's Services
Special Seven-Class Course!
My Money...My Life: A free seven-class Financial Literacy Workshop Series to examine a variety of personal finance topics, including budgeting, saving, building and keeping good credit and more. Every Tuesday from Oct. 15 through Nov. 26, 9:45 a.m. to 11 a.m., Reston Drop-In Center, 1820 Michael Faraday Dr., Reston, VA 20190. Contact 703-437-5105 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Door prize drawing at the end of each class. Attend all 7 classes and earn a certificate! Sponsored by the Fairfax-Falls Church Community Services Board and Our Daily Bread. CLICK HERE for Flyer.
Our Daily Bread’s Services Include:
- Financial Assistance: Small grants to help with rent, utilities and some other basic emergency needs. Funds are paid directly to the landlord or vendor.
- Food Assistance: We have a temporary Food Program which consists of a delivery of non-perishable food items to our clients’ home two Sundays a month for approximately four months. There is often a waiting list of several months to get on our Food Program.
- Financial Literacy Mentoring and Classes: Families must be referred to us and meet eligibility criteria to receive one-on-one mentoring. Our classes are free and open to the public. In most cases, classes do not require a referral, but we do ask that attendees RSVP. ODB is also partnering with Fairfax County, the Financial Planning Association of the National Capital Area, Reston Interfaith and United Community Ministries to provide Free Financial Counseling Clinics in Herndon and Alexandria. CLICK HERE to learn how to access our Financial Literacy services.
- Job Search Assistance: Through a partnership with SkillSource, Our Daily Bread offers a Job Assistance Program to help Fairfax County area residents learn the basics of how to search for a job that matches their skills, experience and goals. Assistance is provided by appointment only. CLICK HERE for more information.
- Holiday Assistance: Our Daily Bread's 2013 Holiday Assistance List is CLOSED! The list has reached capacity. We are no longer able to take referrals from social workers, and our self-referral dates have passed.
- School Supply Assistance: Our Daily Bread partners with Fairfax County, Kids R First and many other local nonprofits to provide school supplies to select schools in the Fairfax County area. Families in need of school supply assistance should contact the social worker at their children's school.
Our Daily Bread is only able to provide food, financial assistance and financial mentoring to Fairfax County residents who are referred to us by a County or other social worker. CLICK HERE to see the zip codes that ODB serves.
To Speak to a Social Worker, Contact:
- Coordinated Services Planning: 703-222-0880; or
- 2-1-1 Virginia (dial 211 on your telephone to speak with a representative)
Our Daily Bread does not conduct in-person intake.
If you have questions, please call us at 703-273-8829 or email us at info@ODBFairfax.org.
For more information about resources in the Fairfax County area, see the County's Human Services Resource Guide.