Get Financial Literacy Help
Our Daily Bread Financial Literacy Programs
Free Financial Counseling
Free one-hour session with Financial Planner to discuss your financial issues. No referral needed, but you must RSVP. CLICK HERE for more information.
- Must be a Fairfax County Resident;
- Must have a referral by a social worker or case worker from Fairfax County or a Fairfax County Community Based Organization (CBO) or Faith Based Organization (FBO). If you do not have a social worker, please call (703) 222-0880. A social worker from Fairfax County Health and Human Services will complete an assessment over the phone and make a referral if warranted;
- Must take ODB's Basic Budgeting (Thrifty Thursdays) class; and
- Must be able to commit to meeting with a mentor twice a month (approximately one hour per session) for six months.
- Free Income Tax Assistance: ATTEND a Free Tax Assistance Day on February 28; CLICK HERE to learn about other Free Income Tax Assistance opportunities.
ODB provides a variety of assistance to working families in the Fairfax County area since 1984. In addition to short-term food support and emergency financial assistance, ODB provides a number of financial literacy programs aimed at helping low to moderate income residents of the Fairfax area maintain their independence. For information on all of Our Daily Bread's programs, visit www.ODBFairfax.org