At Our Daily Bread, we LOVE our volunteers! In fact, we couldn't do everything we do for our neighbors in need without you. In 2014, 1,031 ODB volunteers dedicated 10,473 hours to helping us run our programs and inform the public about our work, and there is still plenty more to be done! There are many ways to volunteer with us in both short-term and long-term capacities. Below are some suggestions and immediate needs, but we welcome community members to share their expertise with us or propose projects they would like to undertake to help our families. Please note that in many cases, we conduct a brief and routine background check before volunteers begin working for us. Contact us to learn more about volunteering for Our Daily Bread.
On-Going Volunteer Activities
- Run a Grocery Card Drive
- Food Delivery Groups
- Help in our Office including database entry and administrative projects
- Make Emergency Food Deliveries
CLICK HERE to see details about our Immediate Volunteer Needs
- Complete the Circle FoodRaiser Teams.
- Fall Festival Information Tables (Sept. 26, Oct 3 & 4, Oct. 10). VIEW SIGN UP
- GREAT NEED: Run a Grocery Card Drive for Our Daily Bread: Group Project.
- Naomi Project Mentor (Next Training 10/24).
- Pro-Bono Immigration Attorney.
- Assemble Food4Thought Weekend Food Packs for Kids.
- Volunteer Financial Planners (Alexandria area).
- Bilingual Financial Literacy Instructors.
- Financial Literacy Instructors/Mentors.
- Food Collection and Delivery Groups.
- Office Assistants.