ODB Volunteer Shares Her Experience! Jane Hess Collins of Get Out and Give Back joined ODB supporting congregation Fairfax United Methodist Church on May 22 to make deliveries to three of our Food Program clients. CLICK HERE to read Jane's blog post about her experience.
At Our Daily Bread, we LOVE our volunteers. In fact, we couldn't do everything we do for our neighbors in need without you. In 2012, 1,358 ODB volunteers dedicated 8,830 hours to helping us run our programs and inform the public about our work, and there is still plenty more to be done! There are many ways to volunteer with us in both short-term and long-term capacities. Below are some suggestions and immediate needs, but we welcome community members to share their expertise with us or propose projects they would like to undertake to help our families. Please note that in many cases, we conduct a brief and routine background check before volunteers begin working for us. Contact us to learn more about volunteering for Our Daily Bread.
On-Going Volunteer Activities
- Run a Grocery Card Drive
- Food Delivery Groups
- Help in our Office including database entry and administrative projects
- Make Emergency Food Deliveries
CLICK HERE to see details about our Immediate Volunteer Needs
- Resume Writing Assistance for Clients.
- Artful Living Event Committee.
- Pro Bono Attorney (CLICK HERE).
- Volunteer Financial Planners: Alexandria area (CLICK HERE).
- Bilingual Financial Literacy Instructors.
- Food Pantry Volunteer.
- Marketing Volunteer: Crowd Funding Campaign.
- Group Service Project: Run a Grocery Card Drive!
- Financial Literacy Mentors/Instructors. Regular Information Sessions: CLICK HERE to learn more.
- Food Collection and Delivery Groups.
- Office Assistants (Weekdays, between 10 a.m. & 2 p.m. in our Fairfax City office).