ODB Volunteer Shares Her Experience! Jane Hess Collins of Get Out and Give Back joined ODB supporting congregation Fairfax United Methodist Church on May 22 to make deliveries to three of our Food Program clients. CLICK HERE to read Jane's blog post about her experience.
At Our Daily Bread, we LOVE our volunteers. In fact, we couldn't do everything we do for our neighbors in need without you. In 2012, 1,358 ODB volunteers dedicated 8,830 hours to helping us run our programs and inform the public about our work, and there is still plenty more to be done! There are many ways to volunteer with us in both short-term and long-term capacities. Below are some suggestions and immediate needs, but we're open to ideas from you as well. Contact us to learn more.
On-Going Volunteer Activities
- Run a Grocery Card Drive
- Food Delivery Groups
- Help in our Office including database entry and administrative projects
- Make Emergency Food Deliveries
CLICK HERE to see details about our Immediate Volunteer Needs
- Office Assistants (Weekdays -- Great for College Students this summer!).
- Volunteer Financial Planners: Alexandria area (CLICK HERE).
- Financial Assistance Distribution (Work from Home!).
- Group Service Project: Run a Grocery Card Drive!
- Bilingual Financial Literacy Instructors.
- Financial Literacy Mentors/Instructors. Regular Orientation Sessions: CLICK HERE to learn more.
- Food Collection and Delivery Groups.